Elephant Comes In Contact With Electricity Transmission Line, Dies

Udhagamandalam (Tamil Nadu): A male elephant died of electrocution on Saturday at a village near Kothagiri in the Nilgiris district when it accidentally came in contact with an overhead electricity transmission line, authorities said. The incident happened when the 15-year-old elephant tried to uproot a tree and in the process, a nearby overhead High Tension electricity cable snapped and the pachyderm was electrocuted to death, according to the Tamil Nadu Forest Department officials.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours