Newsographics
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Updates on violence in Nagpur: District collector says situation is "peaceful" and cops are on guard.

Updates on violence in Nagpur: District collector says situation is peaceful and cops are on guard.
X

By : Sandhya

  |  18 March 2025 7:37 PM IST

Updates on unrest in Nagpur: On Tuesday, Nagpur Police announced that more than fifty people had been arrested in relation to the violence that occurred on the evening of March 17. Authorities are also looking through social media posts and CCTV footage to find any other culprits in the disturbances, which came after a right-wing group seeking the destruction of Aurangzeb's tomb allegedly set fire to a holy book during a protest.

Ravinder Kumar Singal, the city's police commissioner, attested to the fact that things had stabilized in the region. "We have enforced a curfew within the vicinity of about eleven police stations, and the situation is presently calm. He assured ANI that everything was in control.

He went on to say, "We have arrested over fifty individuals. Apart from that, we are identifying and apprehending those who are captured on CCTV and in social media posts engaging in violent acts that cause property damage and disturb the quiet.

Next Story
Similar Posts